Frequently Asked Questions
For articles concerning parents and paraeducators that you may find helpful,
check out our extensive Bibliography or our
- Chopra, R. V., & French, N. K. (2004). Paraeducator relationships with parents
of students with significant disabilities. Remedial and Special Education,
- French, N.K., & Chopra, R. (1999). Parent perspectives on the roles of
paraprofessionals. Journal of the Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps,
- Giangreco, M.F., Yuan, S., McKenzie, B., Cameron, P., & Fialka, J. (2005).
“Be careful what you wish for…”: Five reasons to be concerned about the
assignment of individual paraprofessionals. Teaching Exceptional Children,
- Haas, E.M. (1996). Necessity: The mother of intervention. A parent’s
recommendation for the preparation and use of speech-language
paraprofessionals in education settings. Journal of Children’s Communication
Development, 18(1), 111-114.
- Werts, M.G., Harris, S., Tillery, C.Y., Roark, R. (2004). What parents tell us
about paraeducators. Remedial and Special Education, 25(4), 232-239.
- Mueller, P.H. (2002). The paraeducator paradox.
Exceptional Parent,32(9), 64-67.