Best Term to Access Data Using Site’s Search Engine
Compliance with NCLB
- Title I, Part A Paraprofessional Requirements - Frequently Asked Questions
- Explains the federally mandated expectations
- Title I, Part A, Paraprofessional Requirements, Memorandum
- Dated October 12, 2007
- Memorandum explaining the federally mandated expectations to all district superintendents
- Title I, Part A, Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Reviews expectations, as well as defines role of paraprofessionals
Standards to Measure Professional Growth of Paraeducators
Policy that Distinguishes Paraeducators Working with Special Education
- Oklahoma Title Paraprofessional Teaching Credential (Teaching Assistant)
- Compares Title I paraprofessionals with special education classroom paraprofessionals
- In addition to the expectations for Title I paraprofessionals, the special
education classroom paraprofessionals have to meet the following:
- Complete Oklahoma Special Education Paraprofessional Training (9 modules).
- Complete and maintain training and skills in Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
- Complete training in Universal Precautions/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Complete an additional 6 hours of professional development and Universal Precautions/Bloodborne Pathogens each school year thereafter.
Resource Guide for Supervisors: Assisting Local Agencies in Supervision of Paraeducators Beyond NCLB Mandated Expectations
Standards to Measure the Professional Growth of Teachers in a Position to Supervise Paraeducators