Best Term to Access Data Using Site’s Search Engine
Compliance with NCLB
- Fact Sheet on Implementation of Paraprofessional requirements in NCLB Act,
2005 - 06 Guidelines
- Reviews federal expectations
- Tennessee Plan for Implementing the Teacher and Paraprofessional Quality
Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, updated August 18, 2005
- Paraprofessionals are addressed on pages 8-9 of this document.
- Establishes the ParaPro Assessment and a passing score of 456 if the Assessment path is chosen.
- Highly qualified status is portable across school systems.
- Local Option: Assessment of Paraprofessionals under NCLB, February, 2006
- A rubric offered to evaluate local academic assessments for paraprofessional knowledge of reading, writing, and mathematics and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics (or, as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness).
- Local Option: Assessment of Paraprofessionals Transmittal Sheet
- A form for local agencies to indicate that local assessments meet the established standards.
Standards to Measure Professional Growth of Paraeducators
Policy that Distinguishes Paraeducators Working with Special Education
Resource Guide for Supervisors: Assisting Local Agencies in Supervision of Paraeducators Beyond NCLB Mandated Expectations
Standards to Measure the Professional Growth of Teachers in a Position to Supervise Paraeducators
Document Previewed by Haliday Douglas, Director of Licensure and Operations Strategy, Teachers and Leaders, Tennessee Department of Education, March 27, 2013