What is the CO-TOP*ELA project?
The Consortium of Training Opportunities for Paraeducators working in English Language Acquisition (CO-TOP*ELA) project prepared paraeducators to meet the standards set by the No Child Left Behind Act. The project provided tuition and support for paraeducators who completed a 20 credit hour paraeducator certificate offered in district.
CO-TOP*ELA program features included:
- TUITION for CO-TOP courses
- PEER SUPPORT in the form of cohort groups
- FLEXIBLE delivery of courses in your school district
- TUTORIALS /developmental instruction
- FAMILY SUPPORT activities
- MENTORING and coaching
- RECOGNITION for progress
- Accurate and consistent ADVISING to attend community college