Best Term to Access Data Using Site’s Search Engine
Compliance with NCLB
- Utilization of Paraprofessional Staff
- Reviews Federally mandated expectations while clarifying the paraprofessional role
- Title I Paraprofessional Standards of Quality For Local Assessment Programs
- Standards to measure the quality of the assessment a local agency might create in order to comply with NCLB requirements that passing an assessment is one path towards consideration of highly qualified.
- These standards are referred to as guidelines in opposition to law or regulation.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education does not approve local assessments, but will review to ensure compliance with federal legislation if requested.
- Library Certification
- This document is listed here due to the similarity to the NCLB expectations.
- A library assistant has completed at least 2 academic years of college education and completed 9 credit hours of library science courses.
- Applications for librarian assistant certification must be submitted to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Standards to Measure Professional Growth of Paraeducators
Policy that Distinguishes Paraeducators Working with Special Education
- Announcement: EI-10#07, Paraprofessional Qualifications, Preschool Early
- These paraprofessionals must comply with NCLB requirements, regardless of employment setting.
- If an assessment path is chosen it is recommended that the assessment follow the standards the state of Pennsylvania has established (see Title I Paraprofessional Standards of Quality for Local Assessment Programs).
Resource Guide for Supervisors: Assisting Local Agencies in Supervision of Paraeducators Beyond NCLB Mandated Expectations
Standards to Measure the Professional Growth of Teachers in a Position to Supervise Paraeducators